Blemished skin & how to get it under control
Stress, genes or hormones - there are numerous potential causes for blemished skin. Besides a lot of patience and know-how about the triggers, you also need an effective care routine in order to get blackheads, pimples and co. under control in the long term. With our tips, we would like to support you in getting rid of impurities and achieving a healthy skin appearance.
How do blemish prone skin appear?
Blackheads: In general, blackheads are caused by excessive sebum production and the clogging of pores by horny cells and dirt. Initially they are white blackheads, but they darken when air is added by tearing the skin.
Pimples: when bacteria get into dead skin cells, inflammation can occur, leading to suppurative focus and visible redness on the skin.
Acne: Acne is a more serious form of pimples in which the follicle wall breaks down and causes inflammation in the surrounding tissue, which can end up as abscesses with nodule formation.
What are the causes of blemished skin?
The development of blemished skin is often the result of a combination of factors. To effectively combat skin problems like blackheads and pimples, it is crucial to understand the multiple causes of blemished skin.
- Hormonal changes (e.g. during puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, etc.), as they are associated with increased sebum production
- Genetic predisposition
- Previous diseases or the use of medications
- Unbalanced diet with foods rich in sugar and fat, as well as excessive consumption of dairy products
- Environmental factors (e.g.: high air pollution, climate changes)
- Unsuitable, overly aggressive skin care products (non-comedogenic products are particularly recommended here)
The right skin care for blemished skin
Step 1: Cleansing
The most important step in blemished skin care is cleansing. Make-up residues, dirt and dead skin cells should be removed with a mild cleansing product to avoid clogged pores and inflammation. Our cleansing gel ensures deep pore cleansing and provides the skin with moisture and natural minerals.
For optimal cleansing of the skin, the cleansing tonic can be used afterwards. The facial tonic soothes and clarifies the blemished skin and improves the absorption of following care products.
Step 2: Serum, essence and concentrate
After toning the skin, a serum or the use of an essence in combination with a concentrate helps to regenerate and balance the blemished skin.
The purifying serum reduces inflammation and irritation, reduces the number of sebum glands and has a pore-refining effect.
For sensitive, oily skin, the stem cell complex from white peonies, grapes and mulberry extract contained in the purifying essence and the purifying concentrate have a mattifying and clarifying effect.
Step 3: Nourishing cream
To strengthen the skin barrier and protect the skin from drying out, it is recommended to use a non-comedogenic face cream. Our balancing 24-hour purifying cream contains a special combination of active ingredients, consisting of yeast, vitamin B1 and vitamin B6 to regulate sebum production and inhibit inflammation.
Additional care for blemished skin
Twice a week in the evening, after cleansing the face, it is recommended to use a facial scrub. Thanks to papaya enzymes, our enzyme scrub gently and easily removes dead skin cells and excess sebum.
Those who tend to have more sensitive skin should use the cleansing scrub for cleansing and exfoliation. The 2-in-1 mild cleanser and gentle scrub activates and frees the skin of dead skin cells with a gentle exfoliating granulation of rice and jojoba beads. While grape stem cells in combination with organic grape seed oil soothe the skin, peppermint water has a cooling effect.
Once or twice a week, the application of a soothing mask helps to calm the blemished skin and effectively combat impurities. Our calming antioxidant mask protects cells from free radicals thanks to antioxidants from grapes, supports skin metabolism and stimulates the blood circulation thanks to OPC.
In addition to an effective skin care routine, follow these tips for blemished skin:
- Don’t touch: avoid touching your face with unwashed hands to minimize the transmission of bacteria. Also, refrain from squeezing pimples and blackheads, as this can lead to scars.
- Cleanliness & hygiene: clean make-up brushes and sponges regularly to prevent bacteria buildup. Towels and bed linen should also be changed regularly.
- Nutrition: make sure you follow a balanced diet by eating plenty of fruits, vegetables and drinking enough water. Avoid excessive consumption of foods high in sugar and fat.
- Stress management: stress can aggravate blemished skin. Use relaxation techniques such as yoga or meditation to reduce stress and make sure you get enough sleep.
When choosing skin care products, it is also important to consider your particular skin type in addition to your skin condition. For example, acne is differentiated between a dry and an oily-shiny form of acne - both types require tailored treatment.