Facial cleansing - the key to healthy skin
Proper skin care goes beyond simply applying moisturizer and sunscreen. One of the most fundamental steps to achieving - and maintaining - healthy, glowing skin is proper facial cleansing. Incorporating a consistent cleansing routine into your morning and evening skincare is therefore crucial to beautiful skin.
We'll show you why facial cleansing is so important and how it contributes to your overall skincare goals.
Why facial cleansing is important?
Facial cleansing isn't just about removing makeup, it's also about removing dirt, pollutants and impurities that accumulate on your skin throughout the day and lead to blemished skin with skin inflammation - in the form of blackheads and pimples. By thoroughly cleansing your face, neck and décolleté, you allow your skin to breathe, and prepare it perfectly for the care that follows. The use of cleansing products that correspond to your skin type is essential. This is the only way to maintain the natural balance of your skin and avoid irritation. In addition, choosing the right cleansing product ensures optimized results and a targeted solution to various skin problems.
Timeless skin - the role of facial cleansing in anti-aging.
Facial cleansing doesn't just affect those who struggle with acne or oily skin. It also plays a crucial role in anti-aging skin care routines. Preparing your skin for subsequent skin care products such as serums, masks and creams is crucial to their effectiveness. Cleansing removes the barrier of dirt and excess oil, allowing these products to penetrate deeper and work more efficiently. Effective cleansing can therefore help maintain a youthful and radiant skin appearance by promoting optimal product absorption.
Why water is not enough!
Some may believe that water is enough to cleanse the skin, but this is a common misconception. After all, water can only remove water-soluble substances, but not the greasy mixture of sebum, dirt and make-up residues. This is where customized cleansing products come into play. Using a cleanser specifically designed for your skin type will help remove impurities without affecting the skin's natural moisture balance. Avoid hot water, as it strips your skin of essential oils, and never reach for ordinary soap, which can disrupt the skin's protective barrier and lead to dryness. Unsure of your skin type and what products you need to cleanse properly? Simply arrange a free skin consultation with our beauty experts.
Masterful cleansing for all woMEN
Men's skin care deserves just as much attention as women's, and the process of facial cleansing is no exception. Men's skin often tends to accumulate more sebum and dirt - especially if it is shaved daily. So for men, we recommend using a cleansing gel to cleanse the skin. It can penetrate deeper into the pores and remove dirt, excess oil and debris more effectively than many other cleansers. After shaving, you can use cleansing tonic or - for sensitive men's skin - our balancing & regenerating tonic. These products not only provide relief after shaving, but also additional benefits: while the cleansing tonic protects the skin from free radicals, the balancing tonic soothes sensitive skin and protects against dryness and redness.
More tips for an effective facial cleansing:
- Use lukewarm water: Water that is too hot can dry out and irritate your skin. Instead, use lukewarm water to moisten your skin and apply the cleansing product.
- Wash your hands first: Before touching your face or applying the cleansing product, wash your hands thoroughly to remove bacteria and germs.
- Gently massage: Avoid vigorous rubbing when applying the cleansing product, as this can irritate the skin. A gentle massage stimulates circulation and helps loosen dirt and impurities.
- Pay attention to the neck and décolleté: Don't forget to include the neck and décolleté in your cleansing routine, as these areas are often neglected, but need care as well.
- Avoid excessive cleansing: Do not over cleanse your face as this can strip the skin's natural oils and cause dryness. Twice a day, in the morning and evening, is quite enough.
- Clean towels: always use a clean towel to dry your face. Bacteria can accumulate on dirty towels and lead to skin problems. A separate towel for the face will help prevent the spread of bacteria from other areas of the body.
- Apply a moisturizer afterwards: After cleansing your skin is ready to absorb moisture. Again, choose a moisturizer that suits your skin type to maintain moisture balance.